Wednesday, November 09, 2005

I'm not buying anything there...

Halloween is barely over and already Christmas stuff is up in the stores. I've seen Christmas trees, holly, wreaths, etc. including fake snow. I know it was fake because it was 87 degrees here yesterday. Do you know how frustrating it is to see Santa in the store when I still have skulls and graveyards from Halloween in my front yard?

I've vowed not to shop at stores that put out their Christmas stuff prior to Halloween. Right now it looks like I'll be buying stuff at Walgreens and the used book store.

Met a lady at work yesterday from Knoxville. It was funny cause she was making a pitch to me, describing her company etc etc. I asked her where she went to school and she said Doyle. I told her I grew up in Knoxville on the East Side and she said "I bet you went to Carter". Her buddy with her was from Fountain City. We quit talking about work mostly and just gabbed.

I brought up the Big Orange and was sorry I did. I could tell it was very painful for them both.

No comments: