Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Beware the Couch

We bought a couch about 6 months ago and today I decided to remove the tags. We like to leave them on for a while (a la Minnie Pearl) so the stuff still seems new. One tag I took off was a "Safety Warning".

I thought to myself what dangers are inherent in couches? You might fall off? Get fat watching tv? Muscle atrophy from lying prone? Drown in slobber after falling asleep?

Turns out it's a warning that the couch will burn if you put flame to it. It warns against smoking on the couch, putting it too close to a candle or trying to mend your car fender with a blowtorch while watching the Astros in high def. So I suppose it's a good warning, although I would've figured out that flame to the fabric was probably a bad idea in the first place. Anyway, no smoking on my new couch please....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

funny thing...my couch has a tag that says "Beware of the Couch Monstor" It can grab hold of you and keep you there hours while sports are on TV