Thursday, January 17, 2008

Another fun application

I've been playing with "Jott", which is a web based application that transcribes your voice and does stuff with it. You set it up and tell it what you want it to do when you call. You load in your contacts information. Then you call the number on your phone.

It asks "who do you want to Jott?". You tell it a name, or a distribution list, from your contacts group and then speak your message. It translates it into text and emails the person with the message.

You can also have it link to your Google Calendar application, so you can phone-in appointments. You literally just call it and say "Google Calendar, I have a dentist appointment at 3:00 next Thursday". It adds that appointment to your calendar magically. I use it to update my to-do list application "Remember the Milk". I just phone in my to-do's and there they magically are in the software when I get back to my desk.

It's a hoot. You should play with it some.

No comments: