Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Sinus Surgery

Ok,....so the actual surgery didn't really hurt that much. Just uncomfortable. The nightmare part came yesterday during the followup visit. The Doc stuck the 7 foot probe up there and cleaned out all the packing and dried stuff. You know, cleaning the wound.

Sometimes he had a camera and tongs up there, sometimes a camera and vacumn cleaner, once he even inserted a small elf to pick up some pieces. The probe was approximately 7 feet long, it could've been a foot or two longer I'm not sure. Once I felt it bang into the back of my head when he pushed it a little too hard.

He'd do it for 30 minutes or so until I passed out. Then he'd let me rest a few minutes and start again. In the doctors office at 9:30. Out of the office at 1:30. Rod stuck up my nostril in between.

All in all...just like a couple of root canals with no anesthesia. And the best part???? He has to finish it up next week.

No comments: