Wednesday, August 31, 2005

That's Not Funny...

I had Spanish class yesterday and we had a contest. You had to listen to a word (palabra), spell it (letras) and then state what it means (significa). One of the first words was "ananajandra" (orange). I raised my hand and stated Yo Sabe Significa. The teacher asked me how I knew what it meant and I stated cause I was "El Ananajandra Grande" (you guessed it..the Big Orange).

Well, she thought me calling myself the big orange was rather funny and figured I was a little confused. She repeated her question with a smirk and I repeated my answer. Then she said are you sure. I said si'.

Finally, someone else in the class figured it out and said it in English and then the teacher figured it out. I suppose she didn't think I could be that clever cause usually I was "finale muerto" (dead last) in all the contests.

No comments: