Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Ice Dancing and Skeleton, Yin and Yang

The two oddest events at the winter olympics? No, not curling. It's strange yet understandable. Ice dancing is one. I can appreciate it's a fun thing to do if your into that sort of thing....but an olympic event?

My favorite odd event has to be skeleton. That's right...skeleton. What a cool name for a sport. Do they fly pirate flags at the event? Do participants have to pledge to the pirate code? Instead of the national anthem when you win, do they play Alice in Chains "Dem Bones" as you stand on the podium with your gold medal? Is it a gold medal or gold dubloon? I want to do skeleton, whatever it is.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I actually saw Skeleton once at Lake Placid -- they use the same track as bobsleds, unlike luge I believe, and those guys are nuts!
70 mph with your chin inches above the hard ice.