Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Integrate or Die

I jotted down all of the on-line free apps that I take advantage of last night and was shocked (or amused) at the number of systems I use occasionally. The number was like 15. Most all of them talk, and many have overlapping functions. Usually, they do some things very well, and other things only ok. I use some to update others, some to display others etc. For example, I use Remember the Milk as a to do list manager, and it sends tasks to Google Calendar which I view in iGoogle. Is this too much (many?) different apps? Is this level of integration ok or do I just need to pare it down more?

I'm going thru this list now and I've decided to really think hard about how I want to input, update, status and read my daily information as well as post to the different blog sites I use. I'll post my pared down "system" as soon as I get it figured out.

By the way, it's nice to have a suite of free tools to choose from. Not a bad problem to have.

No comments: