Monday, March 28, 2005

On this day...

On this day, way back in 1979 (the Ray Mears era), Three Mile Island got too hot and leaked some radiation out. We should forever ban nuclear power. Just kidding. Just don't let Homer Simpson back at the control booth.

Speaking of meltdowns, the Real Orange Team is now courting Milwaukee-Wisconsin's Pearl, a fellow know one had actually heard of until this year. He's making $250k and we are offering him $800k. Hmmmm. If'n it were me, I'd offer him $251k and a chance to get out of Milwaukee. The last time I got a promotion it wasn't for tripleduple of my pay. It was what we at work call "incremental". That means "tiny".

And in other news...The Lady Vols need one more big win on Tuesday night and they head to the Last 4. I predict a NatChamp out of this bunch. They already beat LSU, and everybody else is just dreamin'. Go Lady Orange.

No comments: