Thursday, March 24, 2005

Oops, spoke too soon...

Sorry for all the excitement and hubbub yesterday about the voting snafu (don't you just love that word?) on American Idol. They re-ran the episode last night and re-voted and geuss what? The votes didn't change. I suppose that means that all their rants aboout "call 800-555...for Willy NOW!" doesn't count for much. You could just pick numbers out of a hat and do as well.

And I thought TV voting was so scientific. I'm so disgusted I don't think I can ever watch this show again. I'm switching to something classier like "Super Nanny".

Seriously, wouldn't you like to see something based in East Knoxville, let's call it "Super Mamaw". Where Mamaw goes and watches somebody's wild children for a couple of days. Episode one starts with Mamaw chasing some shirtless boy around the front yard shaking a willow switch at him. "You'd better run you little worthless rat. When I catch you I'm gonna beat that foul mouth right outta you!" Now that would be TV worth watching.

No comments: