Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Pearl, Pearl, Pearl...

I'm sorry. Whenever I hear the name Pearl it makes me break out in that song from the Beverly Hillbillies "Pearl, Pearl, Pearl, you look just like a girl...". The Real Orange Team hired something Pearl from Milwaukee to be their new basketball coach. I see Final Four for us in the near future.

More importantly, the inventor of the Beverly Hillbillies, Paul Henning, passed away over the weekend. The fellow that brought us Elly Mae, Granny, Jed, Jethro, Ms Hathaway, Drysdales, the cement pond, and the double naught spy is gone.

He did not, as was claimed, invent Green Acres also. he only co-produced it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pearl was on Mike & Mike (ESPN) this morning sounds impresive. Mike said "Tennessee might be a sleeping giant in mens basketball."

Also, I read Henning, before becoming famous, worked as a soda jerk in the Midwest and used to make shakes for Herbert Hoover - before he became famous.

Anonymous said...

Pearl, Pearl, Pearl, oh won't you be my girl.