Wednesday, April 20, 2005

I need help...

I'm planning a family vacation for this year and I need your help. For starters, I have no clue where we'll be going or what we'll be doing.

There are five of us, including three under the age of 11. I don't particularly care for normal things (like DisneyWorld, or SeaWorld) even though I know they can be really good. I like the outdoors, I don't like crowds much. I want to drive not fly. I could take two weeks if necessary.

What do the other four like? Who cares. This is about me having fun. We can play putt-putt almost anywhere. Gameboys operate almost anywhere. Almost every hotel room I've ever been in has Cartoon Network. So they'll have fun.

And the wife? Books and magazines. If she was at the Sistine Chapel yesterday she would have missed the white smoke cause she would've been reading "People" at the time.

I'm the difficult one to please and entertain. So send me your suggestions. Please, no Nepal Trekking trips for $8 million. I'd love it but there are budget considerations. Clue me in on your best family vacations ever. Out of the way places, unexpected pleasures etc. Please help me, I need a break....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hell must be pretty nice, people tell me to go there all the time.

Anonymous said...

How about a train ride accross the midwest stopping off at different towns and spending a few days at each one. Amtrak or check this out: http://www.movie-trains.com/privatec.html

Anonymous said...

Take some time for yerself and the wife. Send the kids to your mom's or brothers's for two weeks and then do what you want. The kids will love the new environment. There are things like RC cars, 4 wheelers, cows, ball games, a ball field in the backyard, junior size golf courses, mountains, cool water, and tons of other cool stuff.

Change of pace for them. Freedom for you. Probably $150 per kid. Put them on the 3:30 flight at International direct to TYS in two hours 18 minutes. Out of way for the week. You know they are safe. It's the same people that raised you (and look how good you turned out).

Idea approved by she who must be obeyed.

Anonymous said...

To your brother's, your mom has damaged the future adequately already. Give someone else a chance.