Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Not really a blowout but....

You had to know that Illinois wasn't going to hit the big shot to win the game. They were going to miss so that you could say "they got a good look, it just wasn't meant to be...". Not a bad game overall, but I'd like to see a triple overtime shot at the buzzer winner some year.

Whenever I hear the word "Illinois" I always think of a spring break story. I was in a car with some of my hillbilly brethren in Daytona Beach many years ago. Hanging our heads out the window of our pimped ride, we would notice the license plate on girls cars then shout out "You all from Nebraska too?" "Hey, we're from Alabama too!" as a wonderful conversation starter.

A vehicle full of lovely women from Illinois pulled up beside us and I shouted "Hey, we're from Illi-noise too!"

Too which they replied "It's Illi-noy, you dumb-&8%$".

Needless to say, we had difficulty scoring with chicks from hard to pronounce states.

No comments: