Saturday, May 28, 2005

Poor Sidney....

Nephew Sidney has embarked to Yellowstone to work this summer. I just learned that he has been assigned maid duties. Manly stuff. I try to keep up with the goings on way out yonder, if for no other reason but nostalgia.

My favorite newspaper in those parts is the West Yellowstone News. It's a very small town right outside of the park itself. It has a very nice Crime Log section in the paper. Someone frequently hits a buffalo (excuse me..BISON), or a snowmobile, or a saloon. Generally, people are drunk and lost. Occasionally a real crime happens (usually theft of a snowmobile or a bison).

You should check it out occasionally, or refer me to your favorite crime log. I miss the old Daily Beacon logs, that was my favorite part of the Beacon (especially when somebody you knew was in it....).

No comments: