Thursday, May 12, 2005

You beat me to it...

Glad to see you were able to find appropriate East Tenn stories before me. I think all that were suggested qualify under the criteria.

In other news....

Newsweek aanounced the top 1,000 high schools in the United States this week. Looking through the list I found no mention of "Chattanooga City", "Carter", or "Millington". Not to mention "South-Doyle", "Doyle" or "South" whichever it is these days.

I did see "Clear Lake" come in at number 729. That's right up the road from "Clear Creek" which is where my brood will go. Not to be confused with "Clear Brook", further up the road, or the new high school "Clear River" that's under construction. Clever naming scheme huh?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Excellent list, where did THEY go to high school?

1,036 schools in top 1,000 list?

Alabama is #1?

Of course, I went to a Tennessee high school so what do I know…

Oh well, nobody reads that left-wing commie rag Newsweek around here anyway. Don’t they sell TIME, or Sports Illustrated, in Texas?

Ranking of Graduation Rates by State
State Ranking Graduation Rate
Georgia 51 54%
Nevada 50 58
Florida 49 59
District of Columbia 48 59
Arizona 47 59
Tennessee 46 60
South Carolina 45 62
Mississippi 44 62
Alabama 43 62
North Carolina 42 63