Thursday, June 23, 2005

New Tenn License Plates!

The Big Orange Governor unveiled the new Tennessee license plate yesterday to much fanfare. The new plate is a digital print, not a stamp. It has a background picture of some hills and uses an outline of the state as the dash betwixt the numbers on the plate. But amazingly, there's no slogan on it!!?? It used to say "Tennessee sounds good to me!". That sounded like it was written by folks from Nashville. I was disheartened to learn there was no slogan. Then I figured the Governor probably just ran out of good slogans to use. After all, "The Friendly State" is already used up by Texas, and "Land of the Taters" is taken by Idyhoe. But I had a couple in the back of my mind.

How about...
  • "Tennessee, 5 Million People, 15 Last names"
  • "So Many Recipes, So Few Squirrels"

Got any better ones? Submit them to me and I'll send them to Nashville.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tennessee: Where there's no lifeguard at the gene pool.